Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rape: Lessons For Surviving Sexual Assault by Jennifer Wheatley-Wolf

Strong, proud woman

Speak up & speak out on rape

On August 21, 1988 I faced the terror of being sexually assaulted. As a survivor, I was overwhelmed with feelings of humiliation, embarrassment and fear, not realizing this was the isolation felt by many other sexual assault, incest and rape survivors.
I didn't see the face of the man who tried to strangle and suffocate me and raped me in my home that late summer night; it would take 20 years for my attacker to be found and brought to justice. He was out there and I had no way of identifying him, an idea that paralyzed me with fear...read more

http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/961885/lessons-for-surviving-sexual-assault

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.